At Fabulous Floors Michiana, hardwood floor resurfacing is our trademark service. The vast majority of hardwood floors have only mild marring, scratches and regular wear. Daily traffic and life’s events will bring on this type of expected wear to any wood floor, but the only restorative solution used to be sanding down to bare wood and refinishing completely.
We restore the original shine of your wood floors without the dust, mess or odor typically associated with hardwood refinishing. The ideal floor that is eligible for resurfacing rather than complete refinishing is a floor that has some visible wear with light scratches. The finish is pretty much intact with no signs of bare wood. Separations or warping between the boards are minimal and the majority of the floor is in good shape overall.
Floors with this type of regular wear don’t require the intensity of labor, time and expense of a complete hardwood refinishing service. These floors simply need a face-lift and some professional restorative care. Fabulous Floors technicians can gently sand and buff away the surface marks and general wear. We will then apply a coat of high quality, long-lasting polyurethane.
This service is noninvasive to the flooring and to the family. Resurfacing does not affect the color or integrity of the wood; it does not create airborne dust or fumes and it is completely Green – safe for your family, our staff and the environment. There is no reason to vacate your home and no mess. It is the single most cost effective value-added home improvement available. We provide our resurfacing service at a fraction of the cost of traditional refinishing! It’s only 99¢ per square foot and can be completed within hours – typically just one day.
Top Ten Reasons To Use Fabulous Floor Michiana’s Wood Floor Resurfacing System:
1. Saves money. It’ll cost you much less than traditional refinishing.
2. Instantly adds value to your home. This is important, especially when you sell.
3. Time saving. Most Fabulous Floors ® treatments can be done in a few hours.
4. Final finish is long-lasting polyurethane. Choice of gloss, semi-gloss or satin.
5. Properly sealed hardwood floors withstand heavy traffic, make cleaning easier and harbor fewer dust allergens.
6. There is no mess or airborne dust particles.
7. Nicks and scratches in your floors finish are gently sanded without removing precious wood.
8. We do the work for you. There’s no lugging heavy equipment, purchasing inferior products or spending the time doing it yourself.
9. You’ll never have to live with worn hardwood floors again!
10. There is absolutely nothing to clean-up after we’re gone, nothing!